FBFF, Friend Friday

Hello Spring – I Welcome You with Open Arms

March 23, 2012

Yesterday the temperature in Boston hit 80* Yes, it is March. Yes the low, of 56*, was higher than the usual mid-day temp at this time of the year. So, as if the store windows and magazine spreads weren’t enough to convince us that Spring is here, the temperature certainly was.

So, what is Spring to me???

It’s maxi dresses and short-sleeved cardigans. Skirts and t-shirts. Open-toed shoes and all the brightly colored clothing that has been stored away for months.  It’s a reason to put on nail polish and to run outdoors. It’s crowded city sidewalks, outdoor cafes, flowering trees, iced coffees and bright sunshine. Don’t you wish you could bottle it up and pull it out in the middle of the worst winter snowstorm?

Last night I went with a blogger friend and got manicures at a local salon. (More on that in future post.) But when it came to picking a color I went with bold orange. Not only is it to fun and spring-like it also helped make my hands look tanner than they obviously are. Yeah for color!

Oh, and for me Spring is a new haircut too. A post on that later, but here’s the preview….

The funny thing about Spring starting so early is the confusion that seems to be happening all around town. Like this tree with the lights still on from the winter season and the flowers blossoming on the branches. It certainly makes everything look a bit more ethereal.

So that is Spring to me… read all about other bloggers and their personal thoughts/inspiration/outfits when it comes to spring by following the links below.

This post is part of Fashion/Beauty Friend Friday. A weekly meme for bloggers to share their inspiration and discuss issues relevant to the fashion industry and the art of blogging.

You Might Also Like

• Reply Dancing Branflake March 23, 2012 at 12:25 am

Lovely! So so lovely! Spring to me is easy breezy dresses, hence me breaking my shopping spree. Sigh.
    Dancing Branflake recently posted..The Shopping Freeze is Over: The Allure of Easy Breezy Dresses

• Reply Bespoke Biddie March 23, 2012 at 1:22 am

I love you’re idea of spring many f your sentiments ring true for me as well my dear

Bespoke Biddie recently posted..Honoring my people

• Reply FBFF: Spring | Ruby Bastille March 23, 2012 at 11:11 am

[…] the other FBFF entries here! Share this:FacebookTwitterTumblrMoreStumbleUponDiggRedditLike this:Like3 bloggers like this post. […]

• Reply FBFF: Think Spring « Suburban Style Challenge March 23, 2012 at 6:14 pm

[…] What are you looking forward to this spring? Please share your thoughts in the comments… I’d love to hear what your favorite parts of spring are!  And while your at it, check out what other FBFFers have to say about spring over at ModlyChic. […]

• Reply anne the SpyGirl March 24, 2012 at 12:09 pm

You’re new hair cut looks stunning!
    I love the way you formatted this with Instagrams and little teasers of posts to come. Looking forward to reading more!
    anne the SpyGirl recently posted..Fashion Challenge – Stripes: Stripes Thrice

• Reply Nanne March 25, 2012 at 5:08 am

I can’t wait for spring to arrive! The snow is gone, but it’s still cold so I can’t pack away my boots and parka just yet. Love your new hairstyle!
    Nanne recently posted..Weekend Reading

• Reply Krista March 27, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I love that you have a picture of the tree in front of Deuxave! That would make Chris so happy – when I was there after BBBos he wouldn’t stop raving about how much he loves having it in front of the restaurant. So pretty :)

Again, so lovely to meet you. Keep in touch! I’ll for sure let you know when I’m in Boston next. It would be great to attend a blogger meet-up if the timing was right.

• Reply katy_rose1 March 29, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Ha! I walk past it every day and it struck me as funny to have its lights on and the flowers blooming. We are going to go there to hang when you are back in town next.

• Reply Kristin March 27, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Bright manis and al fresco dining…YES please!
    Kristin recently posted..BonBon Deal of the Day: Cheery Chevron Bag