I’m in the process of finalizing the menu for Thanksgiving. Sure, there will be turkey, but there are so many other things that go into pulling off the perfect Thanksgiving feast. Geez, even the turkey alone can be prepared in so many different ways. So here are some of the recipes I’m toying with for this holiday. Basically it’s everything but the turkey and stuffing. Have fun with these Thanksgiving meal ideas.
- Spiced Butternut Squash Hummus – perfect seasonal dipping option.
- Brussel Sprouts, Bacon and Caramelized Onion Sliders
- Sweet Potato Pecan Tartlets
- Mac and Cheese Bites – Um, because why the heck not?!
- Cranberry Pecan and White Cheddar Cheese Ball – because no appetizer spread is complete without cheese.
- Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad – a go-to for any time of the year, but seems especially festive now.
- Cranberry Cornmeal Biscuits
- Candied Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole – sweet potatoes, pecans and marshmallows? It doesn’t get much better than this.
- Easy Cheesy Pull-Apart Rolls
- Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash
- Roasted Fall Vegetables
- Chocolate Pretzel Pecan Pie – Yup, I think I’m going back to this classic from last year. It was too good not to repeat at some point this holiday season.
- Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler – This is too good looking to not attempt.
- Carmel Apple Cheesecake Crumble Bars – cheesecake is my absolute, hands-down favorite desert.
What is your go-to recipe for Thanksgiving? Anything I’m missing?
To get inspired for the cooking season, check out this Mode video, which chronicles 100 years of Dining. Some of these plates make me cringe, but then again I am certainly a modern eater – give me kale and quinoa. HA