It’s probably not too much of a surprise that my family likes to try out new recipes of all kinds, that means new drink recipes too. So, when my brother hosted a party in his newly acquired house, the event called for a new drink concoction to be created. I was on the job!
After a little experimentation and lots of taste testing for quality control, mom and I came up with what we lovingly dubbed the Mango Margaloda (aka a mix between a margarita and a pina colada). And let me tell you it was delicious and a serious crowd pleaser! Creation is simple and there aren’t too many ingredients either.
Mango Margaloda Recipe:
- 4 shots of Tequila
- 1 shot of White Rum
- 2 shots of Triple Sec
- 2 Mangoes
- 2 Strawberries
- 1 Lime
- 1/4 cup of cream of coconut
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- A bag of coconut flakes
How to mix it together…
- Fill the blender halfway with ice.
- Cut mangoes into chunks and add them to the blender.
- Remove the green top from the strawberries, add them to the blender.
- Pour in all the shots.
- Begin blending, using the crush ice option.
- Once that is fairly well blended, add in a tablespoon of sugar, and 1/4 a cup of cream of coconut.
- Juice a lime and pour that into the mix as well.
- Blend again, continuing to blend until the margaloda is a smooth and drinkable consistency.
- Pour into coconut-flake rimmed glasses.
- Enjoy. (Makes 3 GOOD sized margalodas or 4 regular sized ones.)
Making this with the Braun Pure Mix Countertop Blender was a simple. I’m used to blenders that have a hard time cutting through and breaking up ice, which makes for a disappointing margarita. But this blender is powerful enough to get the job done and quickly too. I was amazed at how quickly the ice went from solid chunks to smooth.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Braun. The opinions and text are all mine.