This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Dove, but all my opinions are my own. #showerawaydryskin #dovedifference #dovepartner http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
This summer my dad turns 60. Shh… As part of the celebrations he’s decided the whole family should run a half marathon together. Aunts, uncles, cousins, and my siblings have all geared up, printed out training schedules and gotten in the running mode. Since I’ve done the marathon training routine several times before, this is nothing new to me. I’m looking forward to the physical strength and the stamina is takes to run 13.1 miles in a single moment.
However, what I’m not looking forward to is the way training has a tendency to dry out my skin. Marathon training is a hot sweaty mess. Endless hours in the sun has a way of drying out and browning the skin. Add to that the sweat that coats your skin further drying it out and leaving a salty residue behind and you’ve got a difficult skin combination. So this year I’m not only being smart about the way I train but also about the way I take care of my skin so I don’t end of a dried out mess by the time September rolls around. I’ve partnered with Dove to tell you all about their New Dove Dry Oil Collection featuring their Dove Dry Oil Beauty Bar and Dove Dry Oil Moisture Body Wash.
5 Ways to Protect Your Skin While Marathon Training:
- Hydrate. Yes, sometimes I feel like a broken record with this. But hydration is the key to so much bodily health. I’ve been working hard to drink at least 75 ounces of water during the day, in addition to a glass with each meal, one at the start of every day and one before bed. It’s amazing how much water does to overall health and well being, but it also does wonders for the skin.
- Cleanse. Not just any cleanser will do the job. I’ve always used Dove body wash, but lately I’ve been using the company’s newest cleanser: Dove Dry Oil Moisture Body Wash. It also comes as a Dry Oil Beauty Bar for those that prefer bar cleanser to the liquid form. This stuff is awesome. It’s made with a combination of Moroccan Argan Oil, Dove’s mildest cleansers and NutriumMoisture technology, all of which helps to nourish your skin by replenishing nutrients lost during cleansing to leave your skin feeling softer and smoother. And I can tell you it does leave my skin feeling softer and smoother!
- Protect. Sunscreen, especially once the weather warms up and I switch to outdoor running, is an essential. I try to apply the lowest level – SPF 15 – to protect my skin but still allow a little bronzing to occur. At the same time this helps cut down on the dreaded runner’s tan lines. UGH.
- Wick. I’ve tried a lot of different workout attire over the years, but the sweat-wicking technology is the way to go in the hot summer months. It’s the only gear I’ve found that doesn’t leave me feeling and looking like a wet rag by the end of a long run. I don’t know how it works, but I know it’s miraculous.
- Eat. Eating a diet full of nutritious fruits and vegetables, with the protein and carbs needed to carry you through long runs, is so essential. I try and live a stricter paleo diet while training, although that doesn’t have to be what works best for you. Still, eliminating excess sugars, useless carbs and a lot of dairy can help put your body in the best shape possible and also help your skin to have that nice healthy glow that comes from eating right.
Psst… Did you know that softer, smoother skin is something every woman desires, yet 1 in 3 women suffer from dry skin and 98% of women feel more confident when their skin is moisturized vs. dry? I’m totally one of those who feels more confident when my skin is properly moisturized. Are you?