This is a Fashionista Event and a promotional item was provided to me by Sweetworks. Hosts for this event are Still Blonde after all these Years and yours truly. #SweetworksFall
Halloween is coming, Halloween is coming!
Yes, it’s my mother’s fault that I am such a huge fan of Halloween, but seriously when else do you have the chance to eat endless amounts of candy, dress in ridiculous costumes and watch scary movies? Hosting a Halloween party is a must for me each year. And this time around I’m using Sweetworks candies to create the goodness-filled center pieces and treats for my table. My mom and I went to town on the creation of Alien Cupcakes, Graveyard Dirt, Washington Apple cocktails, Edible Indian Corn and Pearl Caramel Apples.
Below you’ll find a simple list of ingredients and directions for making these Halloween treats. Perfect for any party and easy to make no matter your skill-level in the kitchen. Want to be able to make these and more treats on your own?? The Fashionistas are hosting a Sweetworks giveaway where 10 winners will walk away with $500 in candy! Scroll to the bottom to enter.
(This is a new take on a family recipe that we call Christmas dirt. With my recent love for cashews and almonds I wanted to combine those with the Sixlets and yummy white almond bark.)
- White Almond Bark
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly melt the almond bark in the microwave – 10 seconds at a time and mixing frequently.
- Pour melted almond bark on the dry ingredients, mix with a spatula.
- Quickly lay out the mix on a piece of wax paper and allow 15 minutes to harden.
- Break into pieces, plate and serve.
Edible Indian Corn
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 cup of Sixlets
- 8 cups of round puff cereal – I used Reeses but Kix or Cocoa Puffs could work too.
- 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- Melt butter slowly in a large pot.
- Add in marshmallows and continue to stir until they are entirely melted.
- Add in the puff cereal and half of the candies. Mix quickly as the marshmallows cool quickly.
- Once the combination cools, add the rest of the candies and mix again.
- Cover your hands in butter and then separate out 10 piles, forming those into corn shaped masses.
- Slide in a Popsicle stick or kabob stick.
- Place in fridge to solidify the shapes more quickly.
- Cupcake mix (I went with orange colored to add a little fun)
- Frosting (I went with chocolate)
- Sweetworks Autumn Pearls
- Sweetworks Gumball Eyes
- Bake the cupcakes, according to the box directions.
- Once cool, frost the top of each cupcake.
- Dip frosting-covered top into the pearls.
- Poke holes in the gumballs and then place pipecleaners into the holes, bend them and then stick into cupcakes.
Washington Apple Cocktails
- Apple/Cranberry Juice
- Crown Royal
- Sour Apple Pucker
- Eyeball gumballs
In a cocktail shaker with ice, mix together 2 oz of Crown Royal, 2 oz of Sour Apple Pucker and 6 oz of the Cran/Apple Juice. Shake. Serve. For a little more fun add two gumball eyes to the drink just before serving. As the candy shell of the gumball disintegrates the eyes roll in the drink!
Pearl Caramel Apples
New take on the classic caramel apple. And this is especially great for anyone who does not like or is allergic to nuts. Simply melt the caramel slowly in a pot on the stove. Dip the apple in the caramel and then roll it through the autumn pearls.
Now want to win some amazing Sweetworks candies of your own?? Use the rafflecopter below to enter for your chance to win one of 10 $500 Sweetworks prize packs.
The packages include: Spooky Eyes Gumballs, Halloween Mix Gumballs, Autumn Mix Sixlets, Halloween Mix Sixlets, Autumn Mix Pearls, Halloween Mix Pearls, Pumpkin Spice Break-A-Part, Sixlets Halloween 27oz Laydown Bag and Witch’s Brew 29oz Laydown Bag!! (My students are loving the contents of the Sixlets Halloween and Witch’s Brew bags!!)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Want even more inspiration for what to make this Halloween season? The bloggers below have all concocted crafts, DIYs and treats using Sweetworks goodies. You’ll be amazed at the creativity of these amazing ladies!