With February being the Health/Well-Being month for Fashion Beauty Friend Friday and having found out I will be a Shaklee180 blogger starting in March, fitness has been on my brain a lot these last few weeks. I’m no stranger to the gym nor to training, so after a number of years of trial and error I now have my list of fitness essentials.
- Yoga pants – I use these on the cold days or days that I am doing more core and less cardio. My favorite pair come from Target.
- Running shorts – best for cardio days especially those spent on the treadmill or outdoor running.
- Sweat wicking shirts - I fully admit that I sweat like a dude when in the midst of a multi-mile run, so the more wicking technology a shirt has the better. When I am not doing cardio I wear the basic t-shirts everyone has sitting around from random events, college, camps, etc…
- Asics gym shoes – I have tried a number of different running shoes and each time I go back to Asics. For me they are comfortable and light-weight, which is perfect because I do not want to be weighed down by my shoes.
- Sports bra – I actually am a big fan of the champion collection at Target. I probably have at least 7 different colored bras from this collection. Plus they are inexpensive and hold up well to frequent washes.
- Ankle socks – I don’t like tall socks or anything that gets in the way. I use Nike and Adidas thin ankle socks for everything.
- Swimsuit – for cross training days in the pool.
Workout equipment in my room:
- 12lb Kettle Bell
- 5lb hand weights
- Foam roller
- Jump Rope
- Exercise ball
- Resistance bands
Miscellaneous workout needs:
- iPhone arm band
- Spotify app
- Water bottle
- Sony headphones – they slip over the ear and always stay in place.
- Power bar – only on the long run days.
- MapMyRun app
What about you? What are your fitness essentials?