A handful of bloggers have teamed up with me to present some of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes. Since I haven’t really had the chance to cook or spend much time in the kitchen, I’m sharing my favorite white sangria recipe. It’s an adaption from an Eating Well recipe that I discovered a couple years ago. Plus, let me tell you this is a great recipe for any kind of brunch event! Bridal shower, girl’s weekend, etc… Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups mixed colorful bite-size fruit. For the holidays perhaps red/green apples, cranberries, green/red grapes, limes, strawberries, whatever…
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 750-ml bottle crisp Sauvignon Blanc of other white wine of your choice
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons Triple Sec
- 3/4 cup sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Lime or starfruit slices, for garnish
- Stir fruit and sugar together in a large punch bowl. Let stand for 30 mins in order to draw out the juices. (For even better sangria, cut the fruit, mix in sugar, add some of the brandy and let it sit over night.)
- When ready to serve, stir wine, brandy, Triple Sec and sparkling water into the punch bowl. Add ice cubes.
- When serving, be sure to include some fruit in each glass.