Polka-Dot Patterned Pants

by katyrose on November 20, 2012

I’ve been major crushing on all the patterned pants that are in stores now. Animal print, polka-dots, stripes, paisley… it’s all there in various colors and styles. But pulling off patterned pants takes a little more thought than a classic pair of jeans or even colored denim.

These pants from LOFT are black with light tan dots. To create an outfit around these pants, I opted to stick with the muted yellow tones – going with the army-green sweater and dusty rose scarf. For everything else I stayed with black. Black boots, black cami. Staying with the yellow-based coloring I paired the gold, but subdued, earrings and simple chain necklace.

My next challenge with these pants is wearing them with ankle boots. Due to me long legs, these pants are not the right length to be worn with flats or even over heeled-boots. I have high hopes for ankle boots or maybe even my brown cowboy boots. Let’s see what happens.

Tip: Give patterned pants a try. Worried about trying the trend? Go for a darker pant and a mild pattern – you’ll feel more confident in the new look.

Pants: LOFT
Cami: Express
Sweater: LOFT
Scarf: H&M
Boots: DSW
Earrings: gift from friend
Necklace: LOFT

BeautyStyleGrowth November 20, 2012 at 10:45 am

I bought a pair of prrinted pants once and returned them. I could not pull it off. Maybe I’ll give the darker tones a try like you suggested.
BeautyStyleGrowth recently posted..Peach and Black Lace

Dancing Branflake November 20, 2012 at 11:07 am

I’d kill for your height!!!

Anyway, I need to venture out with my fashion. Thanks for reminding me of this.
Dancing Branflake recently posted..When the dancer was married to the lawyer…

The Boston Fashionista November 20, 2012 at 11:59 am

I love patterned pants, but they are scary to try. Great tip!
The Boston Fashionista recently posted..Boston Holiday Style

Still Blonde after all these YEARS November 20, 2012 at 7:22 pm

This is so funny, I have these in Oxblood and Fuschia! Here’s the post: http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2012/09/oxblood-trend-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45/ and because mine was first this means YOU are dressing like meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahhaha
Still Blonde after all these YEARS recently posted..iPad Mini Giveaway — Email Follow Page

Kiki November 22, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Love your pants! And the olive cardi is fab!
Kiki recently posted..Give Thanks

lawyerdoll November 24, 2012 at 2:52 pm

It’s been at least a decade since I’ve had pattered pants… I miss them! Yours look fabulous on you, of course.

katyrose November 25, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Thanks! I’m still trying to figure out how to wear them, but I like the challenge.