Aerosoles – new to me and to Mayfair

by katyrose on November 8, 2012

I’m not sure how I have made it this long without ever owning or trying on a pair of Aerosoles. Of course I’ve heard of the brand, just never tried their shoes on before. And then a friend of mine was raving about how they are the ONLY shoes she will purchase because they are so utterly comfortable and she is always certain they will fit perfectly. When I told her I had heard that a new Aerosoles store was opening in Mayfair Mall, at 2500 N. Mayfair Rd. Milwaukee,WI, she had a mini-excited panic attack! A store so close to her – this could be bad news. LOL The store opened on November 1st!

At her recommendation and in celebration of the new store I decided to give Aerosoles a try. Since I don’t own a single pair of classic brown boots, I went with the Plum What May wedge boots. When they arrived, I did the exact thing you are not supposed to do with new shoes – I slipped them on and wore them all day as I ran around town. My feet are pretty resilient but I usually try to break shoes in a little before wearing them for hours on end when a lot of that time is spent standing. I didn’t need to worry about these shoes because they truly are super comfortable. And they were comfortable all day. I never had a moment where I was desperate to slip them off and let me feet breath.

Another major bonus… for those with larger calves, who find it hard to purchase cute boots that work with you – these boots have a second side zipper that can be unzipper to expand the size of the boot shaft. Sweet, right? It’s nice to have that option available if you need it.

Tip: Listen when your friends talk about brands they love. It might not be for you, but then again it could be a new amazing find.

Dress: thrifted
Vest: H&M
Tights: Target
Shoes: c/o Aerosoles
Earrings: New York & Co.

Ellen Christian November 8, 2012 at 11:27 am

Love the boots. They go so well with your outfit!
Ellen Christian recently posted..Autumn Maple Leaf Iris Folding Project – #TBCCrafters

Lena - @elenka29 November 8, 2012 at 11:31 am

DUDE, You had me at large calves – I have the worst time buying boots. This might just do the trick
Lena – @elenka29 recently posted..$100 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway 11/14

Dancing Branflake November 8, 2012 at 11:41 am

I have been looking EVERYWHERE for brown, comfy, chic boots. These are adorable. Thank you! Will go check out Aerosoles!
Dancing Branflake recently posted..The Lovely Fog

bre dale November 8, 2012 at 11:42 am

Geat boots, love the height and the wedge

Jenna M Wood November 8, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I love that the boots look like they have a little slack, comfy, and a relaxed look that isn’t often attainable with Fall wardrobes!

Felissa (Two Little Cavaliers) November 8, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I love those boots!
I guess I need to follow fashion bloggers more closely. I had no idea you aren’t supposed to wear boots all day on the first day wearing them. Maybe that is why my feet kill me after a day out and about. That or I just need to try out Aerosoles to see if they help the situation. Thanks for sharing and thank you for the tip.
Felissa (Two Little Cavaliers) recently posted..2012 Pedigree Feeding Project

Jenmarie November 8, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Cute boots! I hope I get lucky like you and find some new ones for the fall. I love your leopard dress, can’t believe it was a thrift store find!

Greta November 8, 2012 at 2:16 pm

OH! I love Aerosoles. I bought my first pair in 5th or 6th grade and have been a loyal fan ever since! They’re sooo comfy, and have great, modern styling, too.
Greta recently posted..Isabella’s Cookies for the Holidays #hwydgg

Christy Ann November 8, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Love these! You mention Mayfair Mall, is that by any chance the one in Milwaukee? Are you a Wisconsin blogger?
Christy Ann recently posted..Graco Snugride Event at Babies R US #GracoSafety

katyrose November 8, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Yes I am!! Just moved here at the beginning of September. Started a blogging group for local bloggers too if you are interested.

Christy Ann November 8, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Definitely! Are you a member of Wisconsin Bloggers Facebook group? I just joined – I’ll make sure you get added if you aren’t already!
Christy Ann recently posted..Graco Snugride Event at Babies R US #GracoSafety

Jadey Sam November 8, 2012 at 11:25 pm

This is the boots for me! I have big calf too.

Sandy a la Mode November 9, 2012 at 9:56 am

you look adorable! i love the boots!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Jodi November 9, 2012 at 10:15 am

Wow, those are awesome boots and I always thought of this brand as ‘granny’ shoes.. LOL I will have to check out the store we have (since we do have one :) and see what they have… oh I sound so snooty dont I ? LOL comfort goes a long way!!

happy weekend OX Jodi
Jodi recently posted..I always wanted to be a James Bond Girl

Anja November 18, 2012 at 3:05 pm

love those boots and you are so right. Friends can give you the greatest tips as about new brands as they know you so well and probably know what you like/don’t like!
Anja recently posted..Bedroom makeover – plans in the making!