What I did in the days before I left Boston… (I’ll be returning for 36 hours at the end of the month to wrap up some lose ends, throw one final Boston Blogger bash, and then begin my roadtrip West.)
- I finally walked the Freedom Trail! (Ok in truth I did not make it all the way to Bunker Hill, I ran out of time, but I did the rest and it was great. So glad I finally buckled down and forced myself to walk it.
- I hit up the Sam Adams Brewery one last time. True, I’ve done this before but it is certainly a Boston highlight and one that I will miss. As an added bonus, we got to sample the first batch of this year’s Octoberfest, which coincidentally is my FAVORITE Sam Adams beer.
- An evening of drinks and games at Mass Ave Tavern could not be forgone. I made sure to make it back to my favorite local bar a couple times in the last weeks. I ate their new burgers, drank their goose island, and rocked a couple mean games of Jenga.
- I finally visited the Franklin Park Zoo. I went on the free Friday and I have to admit, as much as I love zoos and such, this one was disappointing. There were a number of significant animals missing from the zoo. I’m talking no bears (of any kind) no sea creatures, no monkeys (at all!), no elephants, no penguins… the list goes on. There were however some beautiful peacocks, a plethora of zebras, farm animals and a stunning butterfly garden.
- The Charles River running path called to me and I managed to get in a couple longer evening runs along the water. This will be one of the things I miss the most about Boston (That post to follow in the weeks ahead.)
- I finally got to try the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale at Sunset Grill! And yes, it is as amazing as everyone claims it to be. Wow!