The maxi skirt is here for the summer! But let’s be honest, this trend is not the easiest to wear. There are issues if you are short, issues if you are tall. The skirts are not always flattering in their shapeless form. But it is possible to wear a maxi skirt this summer, no matter who you are. Here’s how:
- Pick a skirt that fits you well. Not too loose where you are drowning in the material. Not too tight where it is form fitting to show off every curve of your rear and legs.
- Wear heels. No matter how tall or short you are, a great pair of heels goes a long way in pulling off the maxi skirt. The heel will elongated your legs and create a more appealing all-around look.
- Go with a fitted top. When the skirts are long and flowy you need to create a silhouette. The fitted top will help with that.
- Wear a scarf or necklace to bring attention to your face. You want to draw the attention up the line of your body and to your face, to complete the look. Go with a chunky necklace or colorful scarf.
- Avoid horizontal stripes. Unless you are significantly smaller on the bottom, the stripes will make you look bigger and the skirt more voluptuous.
- Wear Spanx or other shapers. A lot of the maxi skirts out there are snug in the rear and can cause a number of unsightly lines, bumps, etc… (No need to go into graphic detail.)