1. How do you go about picking your outfit for the day? To be honest I totally wing it every morning. I’ve tried the whole lay your clothes out the night before but it never works. I’m not always in the same mood from the evening to the following morning. Plus there is the weather to factor in, etc… So each morning is a bit of internal and sometimes external debate as to what to wear.
2. Do you try stuff on and then take pics to see how it looks, like Cher in Clueless? No. Although there are times I take outfit pics for the blog and then realize that this exact outfit will not be a repeat in my life. But I won’t go and change after I’ve already
3. And are you consistent in your planning or lack thereof, or is your planning limited to special events? I plan for big events like attending blogger conferences, family weddings, fashion week, etc… Still none of those outfits turn out to be exactly as I planned them because I always get to the morning of and tweak some aspect. I don’t do the whole pre-planning thing well.
4. Do you have a way of keeping track of which outfits you wore when? It’s not like I have a spreadsheet or anything. I usually know remember what I wore on the blog – probably from the fact that I needed to take, edit and post the pictures. But on the days I don’t post to the blog, I’m not so concerned about repeating an outfit or look.
5. How do you come up with new clothing combinations? For me it is a lot of trial and error. I’ll have a mental picture of an outfit in my head and then try it on to see how it works. This is all done very quickly in the morning, my mind racing to put together different combinations. It’s kinda like a game of tetris in my mind – how can I fit this piece with another in a new way?