Almost a year ago I made a 30 by 30 bucket list of things I wanted to accomplish before I hit the big 3-0! I’ve still got well over a year before that happens, but that list got me thinking that there is a lot more I want to do than a mere 30 tasks. A friend of mine is in the midst of a 101 in 1001 challenge and encouraged me to do it as well.
101 tasks in 1,001 days is an interesting concept. It gives you some significant time to work towards completing the tasks. The idea is that each task should be fairly specific. Nothing vague like I want to be healthier. You’ve gotta get to the nitty gritty with each item.
I’ll be blogging my way through this challenge, which will keep me accountable and hopefully will be fairly interesting to read about. Maybe… If you are interested in making your own list let me know and I’ll include a linky at the bottom of this post for you to add a link to your list and we can all work at helping each other out.
This post has been sitting in my drafts file for a couple days now so I’m going to set the start date of this as March 20, 2012. Which means my end date will be December 16, 2014. (Gosh that seems far away!)
Walk the entire freedom trail. – DONE 8/12
Go to Martha’s Vineyard. – DONE 6/5/12
Visit DC for a weekend. – DONE 4/13-4/15/12
4. Go on three new brewery tours. – Lakefront Brewery,
Travel out of the country. – Niagara Falls on the Canada Side (Althought I’m not sure this counts.)
Do a road trip with family/friends. – Boston to Milwaukee 8/12
7. See the Grand Canyon.
8. Go to the top of the Sears Tower.
Take a Boston duck or trolley tour. – DONE 6/1/12
10. Visit at least three museums in Washington DC. – Holocaust Museum
11. Go on a roughing-it camping trip.
12. Ride on the back of a motorcycle.
13. Visit 4-new-to-me states. – Ohio,
14. Go to Graceland.
Visit 10 new-to-me restaurants in Boston. – DONE 8/12 China Pearl, Anthem, Stephanie’s, Bukowski’s, Boston Beer Works, Legal Seafood, Olive Garden, 5 Napkin Burger,
16. Visit 6 different zoos.
17. Run a half marathon in under 1 hour 30 minutes or PR pretty darn close.
18. PR at a full marathon.
19. Do the splits.
20. Drop two dress sizes – the healthy way.
21. Do 50 pushups in a row.
22. Take a yoga class.
23. Take a Zumba class.
24. Complete a triathlon.
25. Try snowboarding.
26. Take vitamins daily for a month.
Try acupuncture. – DONE 7/12 (I’ve got the Instagram pics to prove it.)
28. Go skeet shooting.
29. Drink 64 ounces of water a day for 2 months.
30. Wash my face every morning and night for 2 months.
31. Become a spin instructor.
32. Complete a 50-mile bike trip with family/friends.
33. Plan/execute a clothing swap.
34. Plan/execute a fashion show.
35. Plan/execute a blogger conference or workshop.
36. Host a blogger meet-up in Chicago.
37. Host a blogger meet-up in New York.
Collaborate on at least 4 Boston Blogger meet-ups. – DONE 8/12
39. Read three books by Charles Dickens.
40. Read Grapes of Wrath.
41. Read 4 non-fiction books.
42. Read The Importance of Being Earnest.
43. Read Les Miserables.
44. Take a sewing class.
45. Take a photography class.
46. Learn 6 different country line dances.
47. Take an online course.
48. Learn Spanish.
Read 10 indie-published ebooks. – DONE 12/12
E-publish my second YA book. – DONE 7/12 (The Emerald Isle, a Fascination Island book)
51. E-publish my third YA book. (I’ll need to write this one too.)
52. Write one letter per day for 30 days.
53. Submit a completed manuscript in the attempt to get a traditional book deal.
54. Give one of my main male characters a ‘normal’ name.
55. Write 10 ‘letters to the editor.’
56. Send a letter/postcard to someone in every state.
57. Do 25 creative writing prompts.
58. Write my 1,000th blog post on ModlyChic.
Do a photo-a-day project. - DONE April ’12
60. Give my blog a redesign.
61. Get featured in a magazine/newspaper.
62. Film and publish 15 YouTube videos.
63. Write at least 10 guest posts for a non-profit(s) I admire, writing these posts for free.
Be a speaker at a conference. – DONE 3/25/12
65. Become a brand ambassador.
66. Revamp and order new business cards.
67. Guest post on 15 blogs.
Reach 2,000 Facebook likes. – DONE 7/12, hit 3,000 in December 2012.
With others in mind:
69. Do one good deed for a different stranger for 30 days.
70. Send a card for the birthday of everyone in my family on time.
71. Donate blood three times.
72. Take 5 family members or friends on a personal shopping trip, where I buy nothing and entirely help them.
Purge my things and give a large amount of it to Goodwill. – DONE 8/12
74. Leave random notes around the city for strangers to find.
75. Make 10 different random playlist CDs and send them as a surprise to friends.
76. Send every one of my close friends a personal, hand-written letter.
77. Pay for the car behind me at a toll booth.
78. Leave 50 Operation Beautiful notes.
79. Run for a charity.
80. Make at least 10 visits to home-bound elders or those in a nursing home who could use a visit.
81. Do a fun-run with someone who has never competed before.
82. Sew my own skirt or dress.
83. Dye a portion of my hair pink or some other unnatural color.
84. Grow my fingernails out and keep them nicely painted for a month.
85. Get another piercing or my first tattoo.
Complete another 30 for 30 outfit challenge. – DONE 9/12
87. Learn how to wear lipstick.
88. Design a dress that actually gets made.
89. Finish paying off my student loans.
90. Go a month without buying anything but the absolute essentials.
91. Become a Yelp Elite member.
92. Go to an outdoor concert.
93. Watch an outdoor movie.
94. Learn to drive a manual transmission car.
95. Try 15 new-to-me beers. (not sampler size, full glass size.) -
Switch my credit card to one that will earn me some kind of points. – DONE 4/10 Amazon rewards card
97. Make a 101 things that make me happy list.
98. Keep a potted plant alive for 3 months.
99. Get a library card and actually use it to check out books.
100. Go out for Indian at a legit restaurant with someone who knows what the heck we are ordering.
101. Partake in a flash mob.
No related posts.