The neon trend has hit every major retailer. It’s exploded on the scene and as fun as the fad is, let’s be honest sometimes it is a little difficult to wear. All those bright colors are intimidating and they aren’t always flattering (especially for the very pale person). Here’s my tips on how to stay on trend while staying within your comfort zone.
- Find the neon color you like most and the one that is most flattering with your skin tone and hair color. For example: if you are super pale the neon yellow and orange will make you look sickly. Go instead for the neon pink or cobalt blue.
- Don’t spend a lot of money. This is a super fad. It will be gone in a few months. For proof just look at the Fall runway colors – it is all deep reds. No neon in site.
- Look for things that will accent what you already own. Maybe a neon shirt that will go perfectly with a great pair of skinny jeans you have. Or a neon belt and matching purse to spruce up any outfit in your closet.
- Be ready to make a statement. Neon clothes are not for the person who wants to disappear in a crowd.
- Make sure the clothing item fits you well. Since it is already bold, neon clothes will make anyone look larger than they are. It’s important to pick pieces that fit you well and accent your figure.
- Choose accessories wisely. With the vibrancy of these colors, your accessories will be best when they help tone down the look just a little bit.
- Not sure about the trend on you? Start small. A neon belt or even just some neon nail polish can be a great way to be on trend and try out the look without going overboard purchasing things you won’t end up wearing.
Some outfit ideas from the very basic to the neon-obsessed:
So… will you be wearing this trend? How will you incorporate neon into your wardrobe?