Holiday Quiz – FBFF Style

by katyrose on December 16, 2011

Don’t miss my vlog entry for the first round of the Jane By Design Style Challenge. What would you do with $50 and the task to find something really original?

It’s Friday! I’ve successfully made it through an entire week at work after being crazy sick and whirlwind traveling. It’s time to celebrate. So for Fashion/Beauty Friend Friday this week we are offering snippets of thoughts on various holiday related topics.

No holiday party is complete without: the traditional shot of Crown Royal my family takes in honor of my Grandfather. When I’m away I even Skype in for my shot.

My favorite Christmas song/album: Favorite album this year would have to be Michael Buble’s. Of all time… I’d have to go with Nat King Cole. Something about that voice.

My favorite seasonal recipe: I’m a sucker for Pumpkin Pie with Cool Whip topping. Not so classy but oh-so-good.

The perfect New Year’s Eve outfit includes: Glitter.

At the parties, I’ll be drinking: I’m a whiskey girl at heart, but I tend to stick with beer. Things are safer that way. Although when I was home my mom made us a pumpkin spice martini and that was delicious.

Eggnog, good or bad? BAD

Did you ever take pictures on Santa’s lap at the mall? Not that I remember. I would have been that kid crying on his lap totally petrified of the old man in the fake beard. Strangers and I did not mix when I was little – that whole shyness factor prevents memories like that.

Gingerbread Latte or Peppermint Mocha: Peppermint Mocha, despite the fact that I am not a huge chocolate fan.

Worst gift I ever got: a bike helmet. My grandma bought the whole family helmets one year after my dad suggested it was a good idea that we be safe. It was so uncool that we challenged him to wear one as well. After a few times out in the helmet he told us we didn’t need to wear ours either.

Best gift I ever received: Several years I asked for money instead of gifts to fund trips to Mexico and Italy. Those trips were among some of the best experiences of my life so the gifts rank pretty high up there.

My family has this weird tradition: Well, beyond the shot of Crown at every major family event, I can’t really think of one. Growing up we had this cool tradition of each getting three gifts from Santa because Jesus got three gifts from the Kings when he was born.

My best bargain find for a gift this year: My mom found me a new camera at some crazy black Friday sale! The camera was bundled with a 8GB memory stick, a case and a tripod and all for almost $100 cheaper than the best deal I’d found. Sweet! (And yes, she let me take it home and not wait for Christmas to have it.)

If I could only buy all my gifts from one place, I’d shop at: Is it bad to say Target? My family is such a wide range of ages and tastes that no one clothing store would cover all of them. But Target, boy it has everything you could need.

Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer or Frosty the Snowman: That’s a toss-up. I think I like the Frosty song better but the Rudolph movie better.

My favorite holiday memory: Too many to pick just one. But a recent favorite was at Thanksgiving a few years ago. I convinced all the cousins (there are about 35 of us) to play spoons. We cleared all the furniture from my cousin’s living room, broke out every spoon in the house and played in a huge circle. Needless to say there were bruises and cheating involved – but it was epically fun.

My favorite Christmas movie: Home Alone and White Christmas

The best part about holiday decorations is: walking alone on a crisp clear winter night through a street with trees covered in lights and windows decorated for the season. I love the glow and peace all those lights bring.

Rip off the wrapping paper or neatly pull off the tape: Rip it baby.

Miracle on 34th Street or It’s a Wonderful Life: Miracle on 34th Street. I think it took on a whole different meaning and feel after living in New York and actually experiencing Macy’s and the parade.

It doesn’t feel like the holiday season until: Christmas songs are on a steady repeat.

All I want for Christmas is: Joy. Is that cheesy? Yeah, probably. But really, all I want is that warm fuzzy feeling that comes from celebrating Christmas as it is meant to be celebrated. Forget Santa and the trimmings, if needed. Family, friends, faith – that’s what Christmas is about.

I’d love to hear your favorite Holiday memory or try out your favorite recipe. Leave your thoughts in the comments below!

anne December 16, 2011 at 12:32 am

I had a good time coming up with the answers to the questions and it was great fun to read your answers. Maybe I think it helped get me into the spirit of things. I look forward to reading the rest of the responses. Merry merry, everyone!
anne recently posted..Friend Friday: The Return of the Facebook 20 Questions — Holiday Edition

Sophie - Country girl December 16, 2011 at 2:07 am

I can just picture the dismay of a whole family opening presents to find cycle helmets. Haha!
This was a fun, festive FBFF, I really enjoyed taking part this week
Sophie – Country girl recently posted..Hit the sack & FBFF

katy_rose1 December 17, 2011 at 12:09 pm

It was tragic!! Grandma was usually such a good gift-giver too. After that we learned to ask well in advance for the thing we wanted.

Nanne December 16, 2011 at 7:14 am

Great topic, I had a good time coming up with all the answers! Have a lovely weekend!

merciblahblah December 16, 2011 at 8:21 am

Awww – I love your list – especially your favorite part about the decorations. Your description of walking alone at night to look at them is perfect. Thanks for coming up with the quiz – I was glad to participate!

Shannan
merciblahblah recently posted..FBFF LBlogger Link Up – Christmas Par-tay!!!

katy_rose1 December 17, 2011 at 12:08 pm

The weather has been so unseasonably warm these days so I’ve been able to do this several times and each walk through glowing lanes is wonderful peaceful.

Thu December 16, 2011 at 9:11 am

How fun! Great answers!

I invite you to visit my blog and enter a giveaway ;)

Bethie the Boo December 16, 2011 at 9:37 am

I don’t think it’s cheesy to say that you most want Joy! I put that too! I like that your family does a shot in honor of your grandfather, that is an awesome tradition!
Bethie the Boo recently posted..FBFF – All About Christmas!

katy_rose1 December 17, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Thanks Bethie! I thought about that question for a while but that was the only thing I could come up with. The presents are greater but I’d much rather that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with all the happenings. Hope you have a joy-filled Christmas.

MJ December 16, 2011 at 9:48 am

Wow, bike helmets! LOL I definitely miss walking outside on cold winter nights and seeing all the decorations and store displays. You don’t get that down her in FL!
MJ recently posted..Friend Friday: Starting To Look A Lot Like Christmas

katy_rose1 December 17, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I’ve only experienced Christmas in cold regions. I can’t really comprehend what it would be like to walk around in a t-shirt on the beach at Christmas. Although, after the last two months a real disconnect vacation is sounding really good.

EvaNadine December 16, 2011 at 10:23 am

these questions really helped me get in the christmas spirit!
thinking of my favorite christmas songs now has me listening to the on repeat.
EvaNadine recently posted..Friend Friday…

katy_rose1 December 17, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Glad to hear this week’s FBFF got you in the spirit. With all the funky weather this year, it seems longer than usual in coming.

Dancing Branflake December 16, 2011 at 10:30 am

I love the three gifts thing!
Dancing Branflake recently posted..My Day Off

Kimberlee December 16, 2011 at 10:40 am

Aw that’s awesome that you Skype in hehe
Kimberlee recently posted..FBFF: Holiday Questionaire

Andi December 16, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Love this! It’s my first time participating in FBFF, and these questions were so fun to think about. Merry Christmas everyone!
Andi recently posted..FBFF Holiday Quiz

katy_rose1 December 17, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Welcome to the group! So glad you picked such a fun week to get involved. Looking forward to reading all your responses in the weeks ahead.

Fierce|Fabulous|Fit December 16, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I couldn’t agree more about the Christmas music on repeat!! I LOVE IT!!! :)
Fierce|Fabulous|Fit recently posted..Holiday FBFF

anne December 16, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Dang. Mr Linky booted me off. I was #1 and disappeared. Wah!
Will re link.
anne recently posted..pattern recognition: Daisy Janie

katy_rose1 December 17, 2011 at 12:02 pm

So sorry about that! I think I need to find a new system. It seems to be more flawed than functional these days.

anne December 17, 2011 at 1:03 pm

what does Mr Linky need?
Therapy? A box of chocolates? Cigars?
Season tickets to the [insert favorite sports team here]?
too bad he’s so dysfunctional…
maybe it’s the holidays
anne recently posted..pattern recognition: Daisy Janie

For Those About To Shop December 16, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Love this topic! And your answer to the last question: it’s all we really need :)
For Those About To Shop recently posted..Fashion Friend Friday: Holiday Quiz

For Those About To Shop December 16, 2011 at 4:09 pm

P.S. I also give my kids three presents each because of the wise men! They get about 29 more from other sources, however :P
For Those About To Shop recently posted..Fashion Friend Friday: Holiday Quiz

katy_rose1 December 17, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I’ve never met anyone else who does that – but I think it is such a great way of keeping the Santa tradition while ensuring there is the right focus to the whole giving process.

Carissa December 16, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Fun Link Up!
Carissa recently posted..Holiday Survey…

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy December 17, 2011 at 2:19 am

Such a cute quiz. I love your crown royal tradition!
Hey, at first it posted with my old link. So I linked up again. Can you delete #19?
Thanks,
Daphne.
Fashion Confessions of a Mommy recently posted..Floral December

Shea December 17, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I loved doing this Christmas quiz and reading everyone’s answers. They all made me smile :)
Shea recently posted..Making a List and Checking it Twice

Kellie December 19, 2011 at 3:38 am

I will have this game and I hope my family will like it as well…Thanks for the idea…
Kellie recently posted..Great Methods to Lose Weight Fast

Micky December 21, 2011 at 1:07 am

I like the idea of this game…i want to try this too…
Micky recently posted..easy way to learn spanish

Lucy Hale December 22, 2011 at 8:57 am

What a brilliant post. You should do a series! :)I did a sort of blogging for dummies over
on one of the craft forums and I thought it was too simple for them, but the amount of
emails I got asking questions just like what you addressed was unbelievable. As young
people today we have grown up with computers, but it’s easy to forget that even people
just a few years older have not! Really good post! :)
Lucy Hale recently posted..healthy food

Felly December 26, 2011 at 2:30 am

I am really impressed with this post!!Thanks for the idea then…
Felly recently posted..Great Affiliate Softewares Reviews