animal print, daily outfit, jeans, necklace

Leopard Print and Statement Necklaces

November 9, 2011

I usually stay away from sweaters like this. The thin material and fitted structure can be unflattering. But when I saw this pattern I knew I needed to try it on. Me and animal print are bffs. I needed to give it a chance. I tried it on and was shocked by its appearance, its fit, its comfort.

Then the lovely Lameka who runs Height Goddess recently asked me to shoot some pictures for her next ad campaign, using the wide-leg jeans I got this summer. When I got the request I knew this sweater was the perfect look for fall advertising. Add the bold red statement necklace and the whole look is so simply complete. These are the photos I took and sent along to Lameka. I can’t wait to show you all the finished product.

Tip: Sometimes all you need to create an outfit is one great piece of jewelry.

Jeans: c/o Height Goddess
Sweater: Marshalls
Necklace: H&M
Shoes: DSW

You Might Also Like

• Reply Pam @over50feeling40 November 9, 2011 at 6:54 am

If there was an H & M in my city, I would run there today to find a necklace like this one…love it! You should not avoid sweaters like this…it looks amazing…this is a great style for you!!
    Pam @over50feeling40 recently posted..Goodwill Treasure Hunting!

• Reply Courtney Thomas November 9, 2011 at 7:30 am

Love!!!! My two favorite things in the world, leopard print and statement necklaces. Seriously adore this.

xoxo ~ Courtney
    Courtney Thomas recently posted..Tartan

• Reply Nanne November 9, 2011 at 7:47 am

You look great, and I love animal print and statement necklaces, too!
    Nanne recently posted..5 Things To Do in November

• Reply Style & Poise November 9, 2011 at 8:34 am

What a great necklace! Gorge!

• Reply Iris November 9, 2011 at 8:42 am

Wow, congrats I can’t wait to see the finished product. Leopard and red is an awesome combo!
    Iris recently posted..eShakti Picks for the Holidays

• Reply Rachel Tatem November 9, 2011 at 9:46 am

Love the necklace!
    Rachel Tatem recently posted..I feel pretty, Oh so pretty

• Reply Pencil Skirts and Lattes November 9, 2011 at 9:53 am

KATY!! This is the best look for you… I LOVE the printed top, the silhouette of the trousers and that fab necklace!! you look fantastic!

Pencil Skirts and Lattes recently posted..For Real

• Reply alyson November 9, 2011 at 10:01 am

Totally DITTO to Sarah’s comment. This looks AWESOME on you!! Love that color contrast with the necklace and top. Gorge!
    alyson recently posted..Uncommon Goods

• Reply Neris November 9, 2011 at 10:10 am

I love all leopard so naturally i’m obsessing over your shirt! the necklace is gorgeous too :)

Fashion Fractions
    Neris recently posted..White + Leo

• Reply Dancing Branflake November 9, 2011 at 11:00 am

I have no leopard in my wardrobe and I definitely want to fix that ASAP. Can’t wait to see the project!
    Dancing Branflake recently posted..City Love

• Reply Keely November 9, 2011 at 11:04 am

Adorable! I love that you paired a bright necklace with the leopard. I have a very similar sweater and I just love it.

• Reply Bella Q November 9, 2011 at 11:21 am

That necklace is awesome.
    Bella Q recently posted..November’s Second Sunday Market: Bloggers!

• Reply MJ November 9, 2011 at 11:34 am

Love that top and the necklace is amazing! Way before I started blogging I was an accessories nut and it’s always been my way to get the most versatility out of my pretty basic wardrobe. I always say that if someone isn’t confident enough to pattern mix or wear trendy clothes, you can always go with a cool and crazy accessory, because like you said, sometimes that’s all you need!
    MJ recently posted..Beauty Blast: ProActiv Concealer Plus and Makeup Cleansing Wipes

• Reply Debbi November 9, 2011 at 11:46 am

Like Pam, I wish we had an H&M! They should at least do online ordering. Great necklace and great outfit. You look fabulous and your legs look so long!
    Debbi recently posted..Rainday Tuesday

• Reply Alex Elizabeth November 9, 2011 at 1:03 pm

The slight ombre effect of the leopard looks really good, never seen that on a sweater before. That’s an awesome color for a statement necklace, too. I’m trying to get into them lately. So far I have one. Oh well, it’s a start!
    Alex Elizabeth recently posted..The Other Black Dress

• Reply Still Blonde after all these YEARS November 9, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Number 2 picture is divine. Love everything about these shots. You look awesome and confident! GRRRR
    Still Blonde after all these YEARS recently posted..Still Blonde after all these YEARS Pins Exclusive Broaches Giveaway

• Reply Devon November 9, 2011 at 5:03 pm

What a great top! And I agree, a good statement necklace can amp up any day. I can’t wait to see the final advertisement pictures!

Devon recently posted..Routine

• Reply Simply Bubblelicious November 9, 2011 at 8:15 pm

What a great outfit! Nice job of stepping out of your comfort zone with that sweater.
    Simply Bubblelicious recently posted..Latest eBay Purchase- Holiday Fare

• Reply Angie November 9, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Great sweater, very flattering on you! That pop of red really adds so much to the outfit.
    Overall fantastic look!
    Angie recently posted..Operation Organization

• Reply Kemi November 10, 2011 at 10:11 am

Love the fit of those pants on you.

• Reply Louise November 10, 2011 at 6:13 pm

This is an amazingly flattering look on you!

• Reply Jean of all Trades November 11, 2011 at 2:20 am

I can’t get enough leopard print. This is a great look. I love the statement necklace too and the long, dark denim.
    Jean of all Trades recently posted..Thrifty Thursday: Head to Toe Menswear

• Reply Arash Mazinani November 12, 2011 at 10:41 am

I love the leopard print!
    Arash Mazinani recently posted..A Tribute To The Hoodie

• Reply Robert November 13, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I’m new to this blog! That leopard print sweater and that gorgeous red necklace really makes the outfit!

• Reply The Fierce Glamour » Love My Links: Web Randomness November 15, 2011 at 10:01 am

[…] Katy Rose of Modly Chic paired her leopard shirt with flares and red, inspiring a few new outfits for myself! […]

• Reply Lonestarcasie November 21, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Love the leopard and red necklace combo. Tres Chic.

• Reply Cheryl November 24, 2011 at 12:00 am

I like your leopard top…Nice pants..Thanks a lot for sharing..
    Cheryl recently to get back with your ex

• Reply Shelby French December 9, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Can’t wait to see the project! Adorable!
    Shelby French recently posted..Gout Tips