jacket

Frequent Flyer: The Boyfriend Blazer

October 5, 2011

I’m particularly loving this frequent flyer series for two reasons. One – it proves that I don’t have an unlimited wardrobe, which some people claim when seeing my blog. Two – it forces me to think more critically about my closet items and to be more creative with pairings. To me, this is what outfit of the day blogging is all about – showing versatility in your clothing while staying budget minded. (Or at least that is what it is about for me.)

This boyfriend blazer was something I picked up from Target nearly two years ago. I wasn’t sure I’d find anything to wear with it and I wasn’t sure the trend even worked for me and my style of dress. But I gave it a go and have found numerous ways to wear it since then.

You Might Also Like

22 Comments

• Reply Ang - Love at First Shoe October 5, 2011 at 10:13 am

oh the trusty Target blazer! I think every woman should have this blazer. Love all of your looks!
    Ang – Love at First Shoe recently posted..The Bird Shirt

• Reply Rachel Tatem October 5, 2011 at 10:25 am

Blazers can transform a look for sure!
    Rachel Tatem recently posted..Random and for no reason at all

• Reply Courtney October 5, 2011 at 10:55 am

I’m on such a blazer kick lately – I own something very similar to this (from H&M) and I get a ton of wear out of it!

xoxo ~ Courtney
    Courtney recently posted..Time for Sequins!

• Reply lissy October 5, 2011 at 11:09 am

Love the boyfriend blazer. Especially your pairings with the metallic animal print skirt and with the jeans and scarf. So versatile!
    lissy recently posted..Transitions

• Reply katy_rose1 October 7, 2011 at 12:34 am

I think the mettalic skirt pairing is my personal favorite too. It was just one of those outfits that came together randomly and was a total score.

• Reply Robin October 5, 2011 at 11:25 am

I LOVE your frequent flyer series. It is great to see all the ways you’ve used your closet. Boyfriend blazers are so perfect for fall too!
    Robin recently posted..Cleaning Out My Closet

• Reply katy_rose1 October 7, 2011 at 12:33 am

Thanks Robin – I’m going to be keeping up on the Frequent Flyer series and bringing in some guest posts on the topic too.

• Reply Dancing Branflake October 5, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I love every single way you wore it. Wow! Love love love! Makes me want to break out mine.

• Reply FASHION TALES October 5, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I’m such a blazer/jacket fanatic! Really great that you’re working the blazer so differently in your looks. *That zebra skirt is so fabulous!
    FASHION TALES recently posted..Conquering The Animal

• Reply katy_rose1 October 7, 2011 at 12:32 am

Blazers and jackets are so my thing too. My whole fall wardrobe is based around a bunch of jackets. It’s my standard go-to look.

• Reply mae October 5, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I’ve always been obsessed with finding cropped blazers and afraid to wear anything below the waist. You’ve inspired me to try a longer blazer! looks great in all those outfits!
    xx
    mae recently posted..{lookbook} leopard + mustard

• Reply katy_rose1 October 7, 2011 at 12:30 am

Oh Mae, you’ve got to give it a try. The jacket is really a great fit on so many people.

• Reply Katie October 5, 2011 at 2:42 pm

LOVING it – especially in the last two photos… it looks outstanding with that sparkle skirt and I love the popped collar in the last photo.
    Katie recently posted..My First Fishtail

• Reply Pam @over50feeling40 October 5, 2011 at 3:07 pm

All of these are great looks…so many ideas here… my boyfriend blazer is one of my favorites…yes, even for an over 50 lady!!
    Pam @over50feeling40 recently posted..The Purple Shield Against the Silent Sword

• Reply katy_rose1 October 7, 2011 at 12:28 am

The boyfriend blazer is pretty classic and it is so perfect on every age and most body types too. Love it.

• Reply Em K October 5, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Very nice boyfriend blazer! I’m still looking for a blazer… Too picky I guess! I really enjoy frequent flyer type posts/when a blogger collages all the ways they’ve worn something. It’s near how different a piece can look depending on what you pair it with!
    Em K recently posted..Club Monaco Is The Place To Go

• Reply katy_rose1 October 7, 2011 at 12:27 am

Em – Glad to hear you like these posts. I’m working on doing more of these and in conjunction with some bloggers. I love doing them.

• Reply Patti @ NotDeadYet Style October 5, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Wonderful collection of looks! I love it with the zebra skirt.
    Patti @ NotDeadYet Style recently posted..I Want to Be A Minimalist – But I Have Too Much Stuff!

• Reply Angeline October 6, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Love it! A classic blzer like this is one of my go-tos as well. Goes with everything. EVERYTHING!
    Angeline recently posted..Reader Question: Mixing beach and business

• Reply Kay October 8, 2011 at 10:05 pm

lovely blazer!!

Btw, love that zebra skirt and teal top… come to think of it, they’d even make a fine outfit together! yes, add the boyfriend jacket too.. :)

• Reply Jamillah October 24, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I meant to tell you this a while ago but this series is flippin’ brilliant.
    Jamillah recently posted..I Heart The Internet

• Reply andrea January 8, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Oh you are proof of what I was just writing on my blog. Blazers are sooo versatile. Wear them for work, nights out and weekends too.