bloggers

StrandedBlogger NYFW Meet-up

August 20, 2011

Is anyone else getting SUPER excited for September to arrive? I’ll be attending The Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference, Fashions Night Out and several other meet-ups from September 6th through the 10th. Really, it’s a little crazy how excited I am for these days. What could be better than meeting so many of the amazing bloggers I follow and interact with on a daily basis? Having them all in one place is even more exciting.

So, to coordinate more mixing and mingling, I’m putting together a little Blogger Meet-up. Come one, come all. Whether you are heading to IFBCon or the LuckyFabb event. Or if you are putting in a normal Wednesday workday and want to kick up your feet afterwards – no matter. We’ll be hanging out on September 7th, after the conferences all wrap-up from 7pm-9pm.

The Top of the Strand, a bar/lounge at the top of the Strand Hotel in Midtown has offered us the space. From the pics it looks like a great little spot, perfect for sitting, sipping, and chatting.

Check out the Eventbrite invitation and register so I can give the venue an idea of numbers. Twitter hashtag for the event is #strandedblogger.

Hope to see many of you there. And if you would like to bring significant others or friends, feel free to make your ticket plus one!

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply Cate August 20, 2011 at 6:58 pm

BOO! yet another reason that I need to pack my life up and move to NY. so jealous, but at least i’ll be able to live vicariously through all the recaps! have fun :)
    Cate recently posted..Portrait: Kate Somers by Felix Wong

• Reply Fashion Confessions of a Mommy August 20, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I so wish I was visiting NYC during those dates. When I worked I frequently traveled to Manhanttan and loved going out with friends. You are going to have so much fun and that place looks great. I have not even seen the new tower but looks amazing.
    Can’t wait to read all the blogs and see the photos of all these events.
    Daphne.
    Fashion Confessions of a Mommy recently posted..Red and Khaki

• Reply Patti @ NotDeadYet Style August 20, 2011 at 8:37 pm

That looks like a fabulous spot to meet! Wish I were going. You all will do a great job reporting, I am sure.
    Patti @ NotDeadYet Style recently posted..What I Wore: The Mirror Does Not Lie . . . Does It?

• Reply Rach August 20, 2011 at 8:52 pm

That venue looks awesome! So wished I lived up there.
    Rach recently posted..My Wedding Saturdays

• Reply Ilana August 21, 2011 at 6:06 am

your blog is truly amazing! I have recently joined FBFF and it is so much fun! I also love your bucket list very inspiring.
    I wish I could come to New York but stuck down here in soon to be stinking hot again Australia! Hope you have an amazing time!
    XX Ilana
    Ilana recently posted.."When you do dance, I wish you A wave o’ th’ sea, that you might ever do Nothing but that."

• Reply Anika http://byanika.com August 21, 2011 at 6:22 am

How wonderful. Can you believe so many of us will meet, finally? A dream come true, nothing less. This looks like a wonderful event! xo
    Anika http://byanika.com recently posted..Hope is a serious business.

• Reply Kay Cee (@twostylishkays) August 21, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I just registered for this meetup!! I am so excited to finally meet some of my favorite bloggers. Let the countdown begin!!
    Kay Cee (@twostylishkays) recently posted..THRIFTY THURSDAYS: Three Style Rules You Can Break

• Reply doc starr August 21, 2011 at 2:26 pm

sooo looking forward to it. thanks katy!
    doc starr recently posted..luxury consignment at it’s best: a second chance

• Reply Barbro Andersen August 22, 2011 at 8:46 am

AAAH, I so want to be there! I’m flying in on the 7th, around 1 PM – I really hope I can make it! I just registered to the event 😀
    Barbro Andersen recently posted..Excuse me, Mrs. Andersen!

• Reply Laura August 25, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I am so stinking excited for that week, too, Katy!! The conference, your meetup, FNO and blogger’s night out all will be amazing!!

• Reply laura@imnotatrophywife.com August 27, 2011 at 10:43 am

Newest follower after lindsay elizabeth’s shout out! What are good styles for 40 year olds who have fashion forward daughters!!!!! xo, laura@imnotatrophywife.com
    ps we have friends whose kids are delayed moving into dorms because of storms. stay dry and safe!
    laura@imnotatrophywife.com recently posted..Adopt a Golden Knoxville

• Reply ferragamo belts for women August 23, 2014 at 9:03 am

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will share this site with my Facebook group. Chat soon!