Whoa! I’m back from vacation. I was beginning to think I would have nothing to say or write about summer trends. But then, I stepped on to the plane in San Francisco in 65* weather and stepped out of the airport in Boston to a balmy 90* – what a difference. It’s got me craving sun and heat and all the fashion that goes with it. Here are my top 5 picks for Summer Fashion Trends. Can’t wait to see what everyone else lists!
- Neon nails. I have a love/hate relationship with my nails. If I manage to grow them out, which takes FOREVER, I can paint them and look like a fairly normal feminine hand. If, however I try and paint them as they usually are – short – they look like an 8-year-old tried to paint her own stubby fingers. Not pretty. So since I took the time to grow mine out this summer and am trying to cross one of the items off my random 30 by 30 bucket list – I’ve had the chance to experiment with colors. I’m loving the bold oranges, greens, and pinks of the season.
- Floral shoes. Yes, the floral trend is everywhere. And I’m not really falling for it in leaps and bounds. But I am a sucker for a great pair of bold floral shoes. Personally, I prefer the large patterns over the tiny ones. Something like these shoes below… or maybe even more out there in terms of colors.
- Tangerine. I’m not sure I can wear it as a stand-alone top or dress, but I am loving this bright orange color as an accessory or an accent. It is so fresh and alive it makes me want to sip mojitos at an outdoor patio.
- Colored jeans. I like both the bright colored jeans we’ve been seeing all spring and the lighter pastel colors that are coming in now. They are structured and youthful, offering a new take on the old denim go-to classic. I’m especially in love with these red cropped jeans.
- Hair accents. Hats, scarfs, big bows, feathers, whatever… I want to try them all. Some of them are insanely weird looking with my new short hair cut. But some work and I’m willing to try them all to see what’s best. For instance can we talk about this adorable green fedora hat by Kate Spade or this black and white one!