Fashion Beauty Friend Friday is taking a domestic turn this week and we are all sharing our favorite seasonal recipes of the moment. I can’t wait to see what everyone else suggests and to get at trying a number of them.
Last summer I had the chance to really experiment with new dishes. Taking advantage of the balmy St. Louisian summer I went a little crazy with salad creation. But I didn’t want to make the same old same old Cesar Salad or Greek Salad. So thanks to a little magazine reading and some strategic googling I came across this Green Goddess Salad on Eating Well.
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as tarragon, sorrel and/or chives
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar, or white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste, or minced anchovy fillet
- 8 cups bite-size pieces green leaf lettuce
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, (21-25 per pound; see Ingredient note)
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup rinsed and chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
To figure out how to prepare it head over to Eating Well and follow the directions word-for-word. You won’t be sorry! Try this paired with some sweet iced tea or a tangy lemonade. Looking to step it up a notch – a mojito works well too.