I’m pretty excited about a number of the fashion and beauty trends for this Spring. So excited, that I’ll be doing little how-to wear features over the next week or two. So check back for more info on the Spring Trends for 2011 and how to wear them.
What 5 Spring Trends will I be rocking this year?
1. Maxi Dresses – While this is certainly a continuation of last year’s spring/summer trend; maxi dresses are everywhere this season. They come in patterns, solids, florals, animal print, anything really…. I’m no stranger to this look. I love my bold pink-flower maxi dress from Express and the all black one – both of which I wore last summer. But this year I will be adding a light floral dress and one in the orange/pink color.
2. Floral – This is a trend that will be in this spring and back again in the fall, is the latest runways are any indication. To be honest I’ve never been huge into the floral look – too girly for my tastes. But I like some of the stuff I have been seeing lately. I’ll likely incorporate the trend in through subtleties and pieces that will transition well between seasons. (For more on how to wear this trend check back next week – I’ve got a little feature planned.)
3. White-Out – To be honest I LOVE this look but am not totally sure it is something that I can pull off. However I really really want to be the girl that can rock this look. It might take some experimentation on my part and some strategic purchasing but, hey, that’s what new trends are all about, right. Check out my tips on how to wear the White-Out trend.
4. Cat-Eye Sunglasses – I’m all about big sunglasses. But this season, the big sunnies are getting a little turn-up, in the corners that is. They are taking on a cat-like appearance while still remaining large and in charge. I’ve got a great pair from Target and they are likely to be my go-to pair all summer long.
5. 60′s Inspired-Dresses – It’s no secret that I love skirts and dresses during the warmer months. And what better way to show off the girly side than going with the very feminine silhouettes that the 60′s fashion afforded women?
What trend are you looking forward to this Spring? Leave a comment and let me know.
(PS Did you know you can enter to win a copy of my book Aurora Undefined? Yesterday the first copy was given away on Twitter. Now you can win one on this blog and on Facebook. And check out my writing blog.)