The more I think about taking the step to publish my first young adult book, the more I realize there are so many other accomplishments I’d like to check off my pie-in-the-sky list before I turn 30 (it’s a couple years away). And then after watching the Boston Marathon earlier this week… I’m realizing there is no better time than the present to begin pursuing those ideals. Since the experts say you are more likely to accomplish something if you write it down, I’m listing my 30 big goals to accomplish before I turn 30 years old. If the list were life goals – I think it would look pretty different than it does for the next couple years, but I also need to be a little practical.
In no particular order, my 30 by 30 list:
- Write and publish another young adult ebook. (or maybe two or three.)
- Qualify for the Boston Marathon.
- Learn Spanish
- Run a half marathon in 1hour 30 minutes or under.
- Travel abroad – don’t really care where just out of North America
- Learn to sew, make my own skirt.
- Take a half-country road trip.
- Monetize ModlyChic.
- Write one letter a day to family/friends for 60 days.
- See the Grand Canyon.
- Plan and execute a fashion blogger conference.
- Go a month without making a single purchase.
- Pay off my student loans.
- Go on vacation with my siblings.
- Color the tips of my hair pink.
- Complete some kind of triathlon. (I’m thinking a sprint distance is good for starters, but maybe a half ironman.)
- Be a speaker at a conference.
- Grow my fingernails out and keep them painted for a month.
- Get a tattoo.
- Become a brand ambassador for one of my favorite companies.
- Write a book that gets traditionally published.
- Get featured in a magazine.
- Overcome shyness.
- Ride on the back of a motorcycle.
- Attend New York Fashion Week.
- Get better at making YouTube videos – and post regularly.
- Move FBFF over from a Google Group to a website.
- Buy a DLSR camera.
a blogger conferenceSXSW
- Go for a roughing-it camping trip with friends/family.
What do you want to do in the next couple years? Anything I should add to this list?