Is it seriously Friday already? What happened to the week?
For Fashion/Beauty Friend Friday this week we are looking at the beauty products we use. I’m not much of a beauty blogger, although I do get some fun reviews and tips in every now and then. And I’m certainly no stranger to beauty products. (Sidenote: Interested in becoming a part of Friend Friday? Just submit your email to the FBFF Google Group and you’ll be all set!)
1. What’s your favorite drug store makeup product and your favorite higher-end product? Um… I am almost strictly a drug store makeup girl. I love NYC’s coverstick. I use e.l.f. eyeshadows almost exclusively. And I always go with Maybelline mascara. In terms of high end… I am obsessed with the eyelid primer by Mac. It’s called Painterly and I never put on eyeshadow without it.
2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can’t live without? Does chapstick count? Because I pretty much have tubes of chapstick and lip balm in every bag, purse, desk, and dresser. I feel like Napoleon Dynamite all the time… really really chapped lips.
3. What’s the best hair product you’ve ever used? There is no way I can narrow that down to just one. I love Big Sexy Hair dry shampoo, Silk Drops, Ouidad leave-in conditioner and Crew pomade… to name a few.
4. Fess up, what’s the worst beauty look you’ve tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that? When I was still getting the hang of my suddenly curly hair I rocked the wet look a lot because I didn’t know how to moderate the amount of mouse I used. Oh and there was the time I tried bangs – FAIL! And for about 6 months I used bronzer as an all-over face powder – not the best look.
5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality? I like to use fun colored eye-shadows that are subtle but still defined. Blue, purple and green are some of my favorite. When I am lucky enough to have my nails long I love nail polish on them in bold, non-usual colors. But besides those two things, most of my personal flare comes from the clothing items rather than the beauty ones.
Tell me… what is your can’t live without item?? What should I try?