Layering a watch

by katyrose on March 15, 2011

Back to basics. I know I’ve been trying to add more color to my outfit selections, but it is honestly  a difficult habit to get out of. For instance this outfit choice was just so easy. I did add a little color in the form of a coral cami. But perhaps I could have gone more exotic with some colorful leggings or tights. I’m learning… but obviously now too quickly as this is outfit 27 of 30.

You may have noticed my latest obsession… layering bracelets around my mega-sized watch. I’m not sure how this came about. But I find myself nearly every morning standing in front of my box of bracelets and thinking through how to combine them to create the stacked look above. Try it. You’ll like it. I’m thinking a tutorial may be in the works with this.

Tip: For a different take on the stacked bracelet trend, try combining a man’s watch with a large bracelet and one smaller accent bracelet.

Dress: LOFT
Jacket: LOFT
Shoes: Shi
Leggings: Forever21
Cami: LOFT
Watch: Francesca’s Collections
Beaded bracelet: gift from Brother
Gold bracelet: Forever21
Thin bracelet: Icing
Earrings: gift

Marie March 15, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I have been wanting a man’s watch forever! I just need to find one that will fit without spinning on my wrist- or have it adjusted so it doesn’t get scratched to pieces. Love the chunky look, I do it with cuff bracelets sometimes.

katy_rose1 March 15, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I’m never able to find a watch that fits right, especially this style. I bought mine at a little boutique and it was HUGE on my wrist. So I took it to a real watch shop and had the guy take out 4 links. It worked perfectly.

Pam @over50feeling40 March 15, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I love layering a watch…great idea and you see so many layering bracelets after bracelets! I am wearing one of my dad’s old watches now and I really like the look….just think about it, if I am over 50, my dad’s watches are pretty old!
Pam @over50feeling40 recently posted..What Do Fear- Homecoming Queens- and Bloggers Have in Common

katy_rose1 March 15, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Love it! That’s true vintage there. And the look is great, there is so much that can be done with it too.

Charlene March 15, 2011 at 12:06 pm
Dancing Branflake March 15, 2011 at 12:49 pm

You sure do know how to accessorize! Lovely lovely.
Dancing Branflake recently posted..Bloggers- Never Give Up

Courtney March 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm

I recently got a man’s watch and totally love it! Great idea to layer it with the feminine bracelets…I’ll have to try it.

xoxo ~ Courtney
Courtney recently posted..The Velvet Leopard

Miss Neira March 15, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I love that jacket girl!!!! oo would be so nice with a floral pink dress (do it!!)

xoxo Miss Neira
Miss Neira recently posted..The Best Bath Store

katy_rose1 March 16, 2011 at 11:45 am

Ohh… Love the idea! Now I am going to have to look for a floral dress. Not sure if I have one in my pile of spring/summer clothes.

Ashley March 15, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I’m not much of a bracelet person, but I do love my boyfriend watch – I may have to try this, you rock it!
Ashley recently posted..Monday Blues

Katie March 15, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I love doing that with my watch!
Katie recently posted..What Im Wearing

myheartblogged March 15, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I love your watch. I have wanted a watch lately with everyone posting them. With the bracelets it looks a lot more feminine.
My Heart Blogged
myheartblogged recently posted..Thrifty Finds What Ive bought lately

katy_rose1 March 16, 2011 at 11:39 am

I agree. That has always been one of my big problems with watches. They either look too dainty and don’t fit my personal style or they look completely manly. Combining it with a couple little bracelets really does create a completely different look.

Reyna March 15, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Cute outfit and watch! xx
Reyna recently posted..Movie Quote of the Day ♥

brett March 15, 2011 at 9:05 pm

That is so funny that you posted about layering your watch
On Saturday I saw someone that had done a really great job layering her watch
On Sunday, I totally copied the layered look.
I love it !
Brett
brett recently posted..Sequins &amp Stripes &amp A Maxi!

fashion therapist March 15, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I am completely obsessed with layering bracelets on top of bracelets. It’s my everything right now.
fashion therapist recently posted..Tuesday Re-Do

Bekah March 16, 2011 at 1:22 am

My dad actually gave me one of his old watches and i love it!
i love oversized everything and layering the watch makes me happy everyday!

matters of merrymaking
Bekah recently posted..the best part of waking up- sparkles

Krystle March 16, 2011 at 10:48 am

Katy, I tried layering bracelets recently too! I really like the way it turned out on you. I am currently lusting after a Michael Kors boyfriend watch. he’s my favorite designer and has some really great ones!!

katy_rose1 March 16, 2011 at 11:46 am

I am SO in love with the Michael Kors watches as well! They are so stylish and sleek and have the perfect combination of feminine with the boyfriend watch style.

Mindy March 16, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Katy-I am loving the layered watch look too! I just blogged about it on Saturday. I saw the look recently in a J Crew magazine and I’ve been hooked ever since. href=”http://www.mindywebbphotography.com/wordpress”>Mindy

Jessica Zigenis March 17, 2011 at 11:51 am

LOVE love love this jacket. SO cute!
Jessica Zigenis recently posted..the longest short story ever