Keeping the responses short and simple this week. Also it just so happened, this week’s theme is Holiday Party attire and outfit 29 for Kendi’s 30 for 30 Challenge was my party dress.
1. Which holiday party are you looking forward to attending this year? When I worked in New York the month of December was insane with the number of holiday parties that filled nearly every day of that month. I would go directly from work to one or two parties, depending upon the event and the need to be seen. But now that I’m out of that scene the work parties have tapered off. In terms of fun parties, I’m looking forward to a blogger holiday meet-up. And I had a great time at the Christmas party we threw here at the Residence.
2. What is your go-to holiday party outfit? I go simple. Black dress, pair of tights and a great pair of heels. It’s simple, easy to plan on and looks perfect for nearly every occasion. Depending on the type of event I might switch up the type of black dress. (See my outfit for the Christmas Party I went to last week below.)
3. Do you go dressed in something that would be impractical to wear at any other time of the year? Not usually. Although, this year I have been eying a sequin-covered blue skirt. There is something about it that draws me in every time I see it in the window. But since I can only think of two, maybe three events I could wear it to I think I’m going to be good and say no for now.
4. If you are going to a house-party what gift will you bring to the host/hostess? That depends on the type of house party. A good bottle of wine is always nice, even if it is not used that day. I also like making a family recipe called Christmas Dirt or cream cheese press cookies, so I usually end up bringing something like that.
5. If you could buy only one trendy piece to update your holiday party wardrobe, what would you get this year? Well beyond that blue sequin skirt… I think I would go with a pair of those glitter-covered shoes that are everywhere right now. I saw this pair at DSW the other day and almost broke down and bought them.
Learn more about Friend Friday and view the previous discussion topics here. Interested in joining the group? Just submit your email address to the Google Group to become a member.